SINGAPORE, 20 August 2018– Mercy Relief, Singapore’s leading independent disaster relief agency, has started a fundraising campaign today to help the survivors in flood-hit Kerala. From 20 August to 19 September, members of the public can make their donations via the following channels:
1) Credit Card donation via Mercy Relief’s website: www.mercyrelief.org
2) Crossed cheque made out to “Mercy Relief Limited” with “Kerala Flood 2018 Relief” and email address written on the back of the cheque, and mailed to Blk 160, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, #01-1568, Singapore 310160
3) Cash donations at Blk 160, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, #01-1568, Singapore 310160
4) Fund transfer to Mercy Relief’s DBS Current Account 054-900741-2
5) Crowdfund via giving.sg for the “Kerala Flood 2018 Relief”: https://www.giving.sg/mercy-relief/kerala_flood_relief_2018
The disaster response team is currently en route to Thrissur district of Kerala to conduct the first phase of emergency relief operations and will be distributing food packs which include staples such as rice, wheat, dal, salt, sugar, cooking oil and biscuits to the communities. The death toll has now risen to 357, with more than 300,000 people have been displaced in the past two weeks. Mercy Relief will be working closely with its ground partner to ensure the immediate needs of the communities are met.