SINGAPORE, 6 August 2018– Mercy Relief, Singapore’s leading independent disaster relief agency, will be deploying a disaster response team to Indonesia’s Lombok Island, where a 6.9 magnitude earthquake had struck at 7.46pm on Sunday, 5 August 2018. The team will be departing from Singapore tomorrow morning to conduct the first phase of emergency relief operations and is working with its ground partners to ascertain the urgent needs of the disaster survivors.
At least 82 people were killed and the death toll is expected to rise further, with hundreds of others wounded and thousands of houses damaged, the National Disaster Mitigation Agency said in a statement this morning.
Mercy Relief will be launching a public fundraising appeal in Singapore from 6 August to 8 September. Members of the public can make their donations via the following channels:
1) Credit Card donation via Mercy Relief’s website: www.mercyrelief.org
2) Crossed cheque made out to “Mercy Relief Limited” with “Lombok Earthquake 2018 Relief” and email address written on the back of the cheque, and mailed to Blk 160, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, #01-1568, Singapore 310160
3) Cash donations at Blk 160, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, #01-1568, Singapore 310160
4) Fund transfer to Mercy Relief’s DBS Current Account 054-900493-6
5) Crowdfund via giving.sg for the “Lombok Earthquake 2018 Relief”: https://www.giving.sg/mercy-relief/lombok_earthquake_2018_relief